total gastrectomy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

My partner recently had a total gastrectomy due to cancer found in endoscopic samples, as well as CDH-1 genetic mutation. She is having constant nausea for nearly the last 72 hours, as well as throwing up bile. Like others there is little relief from anti-nausea medications. She is having on and off fever and chills, and vomiting, triggered by consuming liquids and solids, in other words anything, with no relief. This did not begin until almost 2 weeks post-op. To some extent this is normal, but it does not appear to be related to dumping syndrome, but when should there be cause for concern? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi. I also had a total gastrectomy in 2015. Due to the fact that your partner has only recently had her operation and is also suffering from a temperature I would strongly suggest she seeks medical advice. This can rule out any infection which can occur following any medical procedure. There are plenty of people on here who will give good advice or if you want to private msg me please feel free to do so. 

Take care 

Donna xx