Cycle 5 of post surgery chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

My Mums on cycle 5 of post surgery EOX chemo. She didn't have any pre surgery chemo. Just looking to see how active other people were during chemo? She's obviously lost a lot of weight due to the surgery and the chemo affecting her appetite but she's worried she's beginning to lose alot of muscle in her legs due to all the sitting around she's doing. She's understands everyone is different but she's also wants to know how long after chemo finished it was before people felt like their energy and appetite increased again? She's desperate to start looking into booking a post chemo holiday! 

Cheers, C.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi C

I had FLOT chemo before and after surgery and finished my final cycle mid April 2019. For me, it took roughly 6 weeks post chemo before I could say I felt well. I am still very underweight which does affect my stamina but generally doing more and more each day without feeling exhausted. Eating is getting better too. Loss of muscle tone is something I noticed fairly early on in my treatment and still suffer from today. However, the stronger I get the more exercise I can do to get some tone back.

As you are aware, everyone is different but planning a post chemo holiday is a brilliant way of dealing with everything. For me, I had a pre chemo party, pre surgery party and post treatment party. Planning and participating in those events gave me goals to aim for and kept me smiling! 

Hope this helps a little and sending positive vibes to you and your Mum