Signet ring cell type adenocarcinoma

• 4 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi, has anyone been diagnosed with this type of cancer cell that can offer any support 

thank you 

• I was diagnosed with Signet Ring Cell Carcenoma five years ago.  The treatment was chemotherapy and then surgery.  The tumour was at the lower end of my stomach so it was a partial gastrectomy.  I am not sure if it’s the same as your diagnosis.  Others on this group have had Signet Ring Cell and had the same treatment.  I did panic when I was told, as it’s a rare but aggressive cancer but…The chemo eradicated the cancer in my case and so it responded well to treatment.  
    If I can help do message me or post on this group.  
    Hope that helps!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Hi, thanks for replying, my tumour is at the bottom of my stomach, the pylorus. A partial gastroscopy is planned after 4 rounds of FLOT and then more chemo. 
    It was a shock because I hadn’t been told and it wasn’t explained to me, I saw it in a letter 

You have helped me think differently to earlier in the day so thank you  x

• I was diagnosed in May 2021  with this type of tumour in the bottom half of my stomach. I had 4 cycles of flot followed by partial gastrectomy then another 4 cycles of flot. Treatment finished March 2022. My surgery was keyhole and I recovered very well. More or less back to normal. I have a bit of neuropathy in my hands and feet from the chemo but apart from that all is well and I am so thankful for the treatment that I received. You have got this!! Good luck with everything.

• Thank you, this is really helpful, hope you stay well x