Docetaxel

• 3 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hello everyone,Well after 1 cycle of capox which my husband had a severe reaction too.Then started folfox and was doing fine,got 2 cycles and then a scan and we were told it wasn’t working,also Nivolumab not working.So now trying Docetaxel as second line,had first cycle which went ok,a few side effects but he is trying his best to manage them.What we were wondering has anyone else had Docetaxel and had good results with it.If this doesn’t work don’t really know what our options are and starting to get really scared on where we go from here.Thank you for any feedback.

• Hi  

I don't have the experience you're looking for, as I'm not a member of this group, but I noticed that your post hasn't had any replies yet.

I've done a search in the group looking for previous posts which mention docetaxel but only found this one. Of course that doesn't mean that others are not having this treatment, it could just be that they haven't posted about it or seen your post yet.

My reply to you will also 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for members of the group to see it.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi buffandflo 

sorry for the late reply, my mum had FLOT which has docetaxel in it, I’m not sure which drug was the most active therefore, but what I’d say is after 4 cycles it had shrunk a bit and then it shrunk a lot more after seven. So basically the first four cycles were much less effective for some reason, but overall it seemed to work. I don’t know about results with just docetaxel, is your husband having anything else with it? 

Take care xxx 

• Thank you for your reply.I hope your mum is keeping well.Yes he is having Docetaxel on its own an hour infusion every 3weeks.Just had the second cycle  and it seems to be going ok.Though he was fine with folfox no major side effects.but it didn’t work and the cancer on his peritoneum grew a bit.So we are putting all our hopes on this one working,he has a scan in January so will see then if it is shrinking the tumour at all