He's Home

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi all! 

Thank you all for your kind comments previously,  it's much appreciated. 

I've got hubby home.....its been a very long 4 weeks for him, for us but we are home and focussing on what lies ahead for both treatment, living a life on liquids and getting things in order in case out timeline left is shorter than anticipated. He is nasal tubes free for theb1st time in months. Its stra ge but nice to see! Lol.

I've read lots of threads in here, as well as research and there's slithers of hope that chemo can give us more time than we possibly allow ourselves the right to hope for. We are a positive family and that's what we hold on to. I'm hoping the oncology team contact us this week with a date to discuss the chemo options and get this stage of treatment started. 

He's got a stent in his stomach now so he can drink a bit more and the stent in his bile duct is working as it should be. Lots of positives working in his favour so far. .. long may that continue!

For anyone else experiencing the same, keep smiling and keep positive .....we have to remain hopeful for brighter, carefree days ahead! Sparkles️ 

• It will be lovely to have your husband home and I do hope that the adjustment goes well.  I loved your lovely positive post! It’s so hard when you’re dealing with such a difficult diagnosis and the impact on your life. 
    As someone said on this group, every day that dawns is a bonus when you or someone you love has had a cancer diagnosis, so make the most of it.

Sending you love and good thoughts!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Thank you, I think even through the darkest moments we have to keep positive and hopeful. I 100% agree, take each day we are given with all the ability you have and make it count. 

Keep smiling Smiley