Picc line and Folfox

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi all,My husband started his treatment on the 19th July which was Capox everything was going fine until the 10th day when all the side effects seemed to all kick in.He finished the two weeks and then got quite sick,ended up in hospital for a week with a kidney infection.So we had a meeting with his oncologist who thought it might be better changing to Folfox and also getting a picc line fitted as it is getting quite hard to get into a vein.I was just wondering if anyone has experience of Folfox and also the picc line and how well they managed with it.He is getting the picc line on Monday and starting the chemo again on Friday so a couple of weeks to get started again.Thank you 

• Hey, I'm sorry the Capox didn't agree with your husband and hope this next 1 works in his favour. My husband has a Picc Line and it's managed really well, only specially trained staff are allowed to utilise it and its well wrapped up when not in use. The hospital gave him a cover for his arm whilst in the shower as it has to stay dry. 

Picc Lines are monitored well due to higher risk of infections. Fingers crossed everything works this time for you both. 

• Thank you for your reply.That all sounds very reassuring.I think it’s when you don’t know anything about something you get more nervous about it.I hope your husband is doing well.