Tight skin on face

• 5 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Can anyone  tell me if they had same problem  as me . My skin on face red sore and tight,  very sore eye lids sore top lip nothing helping . I've used creams and lotions with no joy 

And ive taken antihistamines bags under my eyes so heavey and sore Weary 

• Hi Nicnac12

Am sorry that your having problems with your skin during your cancer treatment. It sounds really sore.

I see that you have had chemo...........are you still on it? During my chemotherapy my skin was very much like you are describing. In the end I contacted the cancer help line, spoke to a nurse who sorted out prescriptions for me which helped. There were tablets and a cream.

I would consider contacting your CNS/doctor and asking for something that helps. Sometimes the over the counter creams and antihistamines just aren't enough. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Jane  I'll try the help line my GP just say its Hayfever?

Nic nac

• I have hayfever at the moment but that is different to the skin irritation, redness, soreness and tightness that I had following the chemo. My eyes were also very irritated. Hopefully what ever is causing it can be sorted for you quickly

• We think we know what's  causing the problem . Be careful  everyone  when using sun tan lotion.  I used factor 50 has advised but hot normal one not the one for sensitive skin . Now ordered baby factor 50 for sensitive skin . Just hope we are right and i can sort it out 

Nic nac

• Glad you have an idea of what is causing it- sounds very possible