Gastrectomy

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

I seen some cases of people with loved ones here who have been, i believe suffered a lot more than i am. Ive had 3 sessions FLOT and the side effects have been minimal again from those people suffering. My Oncologist told me he wont discuss if the tumour has shrunk until after my 4th chemo session and at that point i will have minimum 4, maximum 6 weeks to my surgery 

In the 2 week space between the chemo sessions i eat well 1st week after chemo and in the 2nd week i get my taste back and everything seems normal or as normal as can be

Is the fact that im eating well a sign that the tumour is shriking or does anyone have anything similar to share

• Great news that you have got through chemo with minimal side effects.  I don’t know if the fact you are eating normally is a sign that the tumour is shrinking, but it’s really positive that you are able to build up your strength.

The more you can build yourself physically and mentally the better.   There have been many people in this group who have had really good results from chemo. When I was struggling, the surgeon told me he had just operated on someone, whose tumour had shrunk from a T2 to a T1!  Chemo completely eradicated my tumour so it works!

Good luck with the last session, then on to surgery!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!