• 18 subscribers

Hi 

My name is Tracy

I have stage 4 stomach cancer it as not spread anywere 

Started Flot chemo on my 3rd treatment Monday 

It as been brutal they are going to have to adjust the dose 

I was wiped out for 9 days lost most of my hair on the 2nd treatment

I am a very strong person but I have never felt so ill in my life

Plus the bone marrow injections have not been good aswell had to ring The help.line for advice

I'm frightened to have my 3rd treatment but know I need to do it to save my life

As anyone else felt so bad on this Flot treatment 

• Bless you. This is the reason I joined this community, to meet people that have or are going through what we have, The pain was too much a lot of time. The hair loss, well for me, that did me a favour. Now I keep it short at grade 1. Easy to maintain, easy to wash, but a tad cold in the breeze. I have had three endoscopy to stretch throat etc. open again. I have another one soon. IT has been and still is a very long journey. We fight to keep going for our families. This shows the value of family and friends in times like this. I was out of it for 5 days after the operation, and do not remember a single thing about those five days. When I came around, I was being prepared to be moved onto the ward, I thought I had just come around the same day as operation. I managed to pick up my phone and call home, and tell them I was out of operation being moved to ward. Son replied, Dad you had operation 5 days ago, we thought we were going to lose you. I told him, only good die young, I will live forever. Keep the fighting spirit, never give up. Apart from McMillans, I have never openly spoke about or discussed the events. I am still here and still kicking. There have been many low points, where I thought it would be best for all, if I just gave up, the worry would then be gone, and they could go on with their lives. Then I thought, I was being selfish, they have been with me through all of this, and I am not giving up. I will watch for your posts, and if I can offer some light, some hope, I will be here. Until they take the interweb away from me at least ;) Stay true to yourself and strong with your family. xXx

• Thankyou for you heart felt message

Made me feel better

I hope your next endoscopy goes well

I had 3 endoscopys but made sure I was sedated for the last 2 first one was when they found the tumour 

See surgeon tomorrow Mr pursani 

I'm having it done robotically 

Go through the procedure with me

I shall keep in touch and let you know how it 

Went all good I hope 

Take care 

Tracy 

• I had 4 rounds of FLOT Tracey, it was tough... a bit of diarrhoea , lethargy, hair loss, mood swings, etc.. Thing I found the worst was loss of taste and the diet restrictions.. Like you, I'm having a TG, a total gastrectomy,  in 4 days time. I'm not scared.... I want it! I want this thing out of me... and I can do it, oh yes, as so can you!

Will be back in touch in two weeks time or earlier!

Best wishes to all here

Joe