Stage 4 stomach cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 20 replies
  • 21 subscribers

My daughter was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer just before Christmas 2019.  We have been researching constantly for holistic approaches to stomach cancer treatments. She has completed her first lot of chemotherapy and is now on a trial to try and keep the cancer at bay.  The chemotherapy did shrink the cancer and she is at the moment quite well but easily tired.  The trial is a reduced chemotherapy regime and she will be scanned every 12 weeks to see how things are.  She has been following a diet of special meals to try and improve her immune system and also taking lots of supplements aimed at attacking the cancer.  A worry is the amount of things that she is taking but so far so good!  We are now looking at a Hyperbaric chamber and infra red saunas, obviously the lockdown has prevented us from doing a lot.  I am curious if anyone else has looked at the holistic approach to fighting cancer.  Her cancer cannot be cured but at the moment is in hibernation NOT remission which is what we all hope for.

• Chris is currently undergoing OXCAP 

How is your partner doing?

• We are on round 3 of first line treatment. My partner is an odd case which they have confirmed. He’s got no symptoms aside from acid reflux which has since gone since he started chemo. He’s now able to eat small meals each day which we are taking as huge positive before we get his mid point scan. We only discovered the cancer because he had a hernia. We decided to go private which has opened up lots of other treatments. We know this is sign of privilege but we’ll do anything to save his life. 

• If you don’t mind me asking which hospital is your partner getting treated at? Did you take nhs and private advice?

• We using the Christie in Manchester - that’s where we live. They do NHS and Private. Our reason for going private was that the drugs which were available on trial in the NHS were readily available through private care. If we stuck with the NHS - you don’t know if it’s the drug or placebo. 

• Which drug is your partner having? 
    Have you had any genetic testing or read the moss report on stomach cancer?

My partner tried Keytruda privately but he didn’t have a good reaction. 

• What other treatments were you offered privately?

• Hi Chris 

My mum has recently been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer  and very much like you the only offer on the NHS is palliative chemo.

We all very much believe that we can beat this even if the NHS have no faith in us.

We are going down the holistic route and was hoping you could advise what supplements you started to take.

Thanks 

Rashida

• Hi

i had Nano knife and im trying to arranbe surgery! 

• Hi Rashida

sorry to hear about your mum! 
    i did my OxCap chemo (10 cycles) and took high strength (5000mg) Vit C, High Strength (at least 4000IU) Vit D, High strength Turmeric, High strength garlic supplements, i also drink 1 pint of pure celery juice daily i try to drink some pure aloe vera before meals but often forget that one! I currently just take maintenance capecitabine tablets and thats the only drug i have now! No symptoms and no problems as of yet! Hope this helps let me know if theres anything else! Good luck!!

Chris