Signet Ring Gastric Cancer

• 6 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hello, My husband has been diagnosed with Gastric Cancer Signet Ring. He had a TG about 3 months ago. The chemo response to 8 cycles of FLOT was graded a Partial Response 2. I am looking for any info on signet ring and any people who have had this and how have they done? Thanks so much in advance!

• My middle son had it. It was already terminal when he was diagnosed, he was given 2 to 5 months and survived for three. It was too late for an operation as it had already spread to the lymph nodes around his hepatic vein. He chose not to have chemo as he wanted to make the most of the time he had left.

• I'm really sorry to hear that. My husband's is Stage 3, so he was able to do the chemo and the surgery. Nervous about it coming back esp since it was in the lymph nodes. But staying positive!

• My son had Helicobacter Pylori which I believe increases the risk of signet cell stomach cancer. Di your husband have that. I do hope he has a much better outcome than my son did. 

• No he does not have H Pylori. What stage was your son's cancer and was he able to have chemo and/or surgery?

• It was stage 4 when they found it. He was taken to A&E in severe pain, they did a scan and said  what they saw was "usually cancer", booked him for an endoscopy 3 weeks later when they confirmed it and gave him 2 to 5 months.  Inoperable -much too late. Chemo was discussed but they said that it would prevent him from having a stent to take food from his stomach to his intestine if the cancer blocked the route. (Because of infection risk chemo causes). and he decided against it. In the event it turned out that he did need (& have) the stent, (about 2 months after diagnosis) which gave him a few extra weeks , and paused his nausea for a bit, and he felt a bit better for a couple of weeks. Then he was more or less bedridden for the last 2weeks.

• Partial response I believe is really good! As it’s rare to actually get a response with signet ring! If you google Jason Diaz or Millie McConnell they are long term survivors of the same cancer x