Chemo starts tomorrow

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi new to the group.

My son was diagnosed just yesterday with soft tissue sarcoma with a tumour in his hip either pressing on or attached to his bladder and kidney...this is all we know so far. He went into hospital 2 weeks ago after an accident in work caused his leg to swell triple it's size and then they found this so maybe the accident was a blessing in disguise I don't know.

He's only 21...he's my oldest boy. I am trying to keep my head together but it's hard and waiting for a treatment plan is killing me 

So...we still don't know staging as he had another lump found in his neck and a biopsy taken on that. He is getting moved tomorrow to start chemo as his drs want to start fighting the cause (cancer) not the symptoms yet (swelling) I was told its a very rare and aggressive cancer bit nothing else of yet. All this waiting is a nightmare then the short burst of part information is overwhelming and hard to retain

• Hi  

Thinking of you both.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• I’m so sorry to hear the news and it is a difficult time waiting for test results and action plans. 

once you find out what type it is you will be able to research and find out more about it. 

if it offers any kind of help I’ve had a rare sarcoma which was stage 4 in 2012, so 12 years ago. Im with the Royal Marsden and they keep coming up with options to keep kicking this can down the road