Waiting for type of soft tissue sarcoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi iam 52 I broke my right ankle both sides in July last year iam full of metal work not been to work since. 

Just before this I noticed a small lump on the outside of my right thigh , which I thought was fat and wasn’t worried at all. But I went doctors around 3 weeks ago now as it’s grown to 24 cm long and 13 cm wide.its affecting my knee really bad and hip. 

I’ve had ultrasound, mri and had biopsy on Wednesday. They said I’d get a call in around a week. 

Sarcoma is definitely suspected. 

But it maybe me worrying but I feel like the blood flow or beats to my heart are affected now. 

Also had occasional stomach pain which I put down to a new intolerance to eggs Egg 

also if I cough I can feel it deep in my chest . 

Ism told its fibrous, just wish they’d ring to start moving forward, I know definitely surgery as it’s so big . 

Anyone experienced or experiencing the same . 

Very worrying 

jane xx

• Jane, it took several months for me to get a definitive answer to biopsies, mine was sarcoma, operated on last September. Try not to worry, (I know, easier said then done), they take a while diagnosing.  

• Hi Jane. I am sorry to hear about your suspected sarcoma. Waiting for results is extremely stressful. I hope you don't have to wait too long.

When you are told that you might have cancer, every little pain or unusual feeling in your body becomes heightened, and you worry that there is something sinister going on.  This is completely normal to feel like this. Whenever I am due a scan, I start to notice different aches and pains that I might not of noticed before, and even though I tell myself it is just because I have a scan due, and I always worry until I hear the results, I still worry. 

Wishing you all the best. Let us know how you get on x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Jane, this is what I was referring too when I asked about the biopsy on the lump on your leg x 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

That is me on profile photo but the description is not my profile, my account has somehow got mixed up with another person called jane. I may delete my account and start again. Strange 

• Oh no, sorry, no wonder I was confused. I will let admin know they will be able to sort it for you x 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Don't delete your account Jane, they can sort it for you, I  don't want you to lose the support you have here. x 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Ok how do I let someone know as I’m not sure where to start? Thank you 

• I have reported it for you. Keep an eye on your emails someone may contact you to sort it out x 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge