Radiation-induced sarcoma

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi, is there anyone out there with radiotherapy induced sarcoma?

What was your diagnosis. How has the surgery worked?

I had a radical mastectomy yesterday for a stage 2 sarcoma with a fantastic surgeon at The Royal Marsden. I've been advised there's a 50% chance of reoccurrence.

• Hi  

Just wanted to say hi despite not matching your specifc sub-type of sarcoma - indeed for me it is my wife who has Leiomyosarcoma and had never heard of this. I have been around on the community for a while - my wife was diagnosed over 10 years ago though her cancer is incurable we managed to get to the point where it became stable and so living with rather than dying from cancer.

Glad to hear you had treatment at the Royal Marsden, as I am sure you know already sarcomas are rare and so cases tend to be treated in a fairly small set of hospitals to ensure the expertise of the staff dealing with the issues.

From what you say I am guessing you might at the moment be classed as currently cancer free - but of course you are likely to be monitored really closely in care of the reccorance - it might be helpful to look at life after treatment and most of all remember to be nice to yourself - something just about everyone could do well to listen to.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge