Leiomyosarcoma - having a wobble

• 4 replies
  • 20 subscribers

So I'm due my CT scan, can't do 3 monthly MRIs due to claustrophobia. Nearly 2 years post op and feeling stressed. Best friend diagnosed recently with Breast Cancer in last couple of weeks and dealing with this is tough. She and I are fighters, but tonight I'm feeling fragile, hopefully tomorrow I'm.back to kicking it. Is anyone else feeling this? Drink poured, thankfully hubby is here, texting friend, .....  but feeling alone x

• Hi krazychrissie, 

Hoping your stress levels have come down and you got through your latest scans OK. 

I recall that when I joined this group you were about 6 months into your journey.

I am due the 5th of my 3 monthly tests next week and this is the first time I have felt so negative about them however after reading about your 'wobble' and your friends recent breast cancer diagnosis I am now convinced that our state of mind is emotion driven. I lost my father unexpectedly on 28th January just 5 mths after losing mum so my mind is not in the right place anyway. Like you, I am hoping I am on top of things by next Tuesday.

Positivity is definitely the way forward, just got to deal with the bumps along the way. 

Much love x

• Thank you for replying.

So sorry you lost both parents so close, such a difficult time - sending a virtual hug.

I am back to hospital tomorrow for my 3 month review and scan date TBC, I think the 2 weeks before each review are horrible, emotions all over the place and being perimenopausal doesn't help!

Fingers crossed your review goes well, I agree our state of mind is emotionally driven... let get through this one and we can laugh, smile and be happy.... for another 10 weeks Rofl.

Live and hugs xx

• Well I managed to pick myself up and attended my appointment today with a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

My consultant has no concerns but obviously now need to wait for CT scan result. Sounds like I'm quite fortunate with my team, as I get 3 monthly reviews and scans done on the same day. 

Hoping your appointment went well and you are also back in a positive frame of mind.

Much love x

• Hi Clioparrot 

Glad you had are in a happier place. I am too, they are hopefully moving me to 6 monthly checks as no reoccurrence of the LMS in where i had surgery. However this depends on my scan as they are watching 2 areas in my lungs (no change for last year, but need to make sure no change this year or I'll be having to start treatment) I'm staying positive until I get my results back

Wish I could have an appointment together, would be much more helpful! 

Love and hugs xx