Healing after excision

• 27 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi! I had a probable BCC removed 5 days ago. Doctor said borders looked quite clear so only took 1mm margin… bit of a gamble but was happy to follow doctor’s advice. Five days later, I’m wondering if the redness and swelling I’ve got are normal. Stitches due to come out in two days but, if it’s looking dodgy I’ll go to see GP tomorrow. For those of you who’ve had this surgery, what are your thoughts on how it should be looking? Thank you!

1. Mandy I am in Derbyshire and went to Nuffield Hospital in Derby x
  • Ah ok thanks so much for replying. I am in Nottingham so not far away from you x Blush 

• Mandy if you make me a friend then we can private message as my Consultant was from Queens Medical at Nottingham and the other hospital in Nottingham but would rather talk to you privately about it.  xx

• Hi many 123

I had a BCC removed from my nose. I'm fom the south eas.   

• 2nd Message: Lovely thanks.  I have tried to connect with you by pressing the plus connect button for friendship but I’m not sure what’s going on here and whether that is actually doing anything.  It is not showing up on my profile that I have tried to do this. It seems I am not allowed to even post a message, unless a moderator approves it first. This is very strict. x 

• Harlyn update: It is now showing on my Friends page that the Friend connect I made to you is waiting  your acceptance Blush 

• Hi thank you so much for replying.

• Hi. Only just seen this reply, sorry! Sounds like you have been through a lot. I can see why you’ve become so cautious! My results came back as infiltrative BCC and “likely” that they incised it all… not the most reassuring language in the world! But the scar has healed really well. I’ve been using the SkinVision app, which helps to keep my anxiety at bay. x

• Hi again Nose44.  Glad you have healed well. Thank you for giving more detail. I have an infiltrating large BCC and the consultant is taking a  10 mm margin round the outside because he says it’s hard to see the roots and  borders on infiltrating and he would normally take 5 mm for other types of BCC. 

• Mine was (luckily) very small, probably about 3-4mm diameter, so I think that’s why they took such a tiny margin. 10mm probably feels a lot for you but good to have peace of mind and get it all out in one go. It’s amazing how skin heals. I’ve just seen your other question about where people are located. I’m in London but I think the reason things moved so quickly for me is that it looked slightly melanoma-ish. If they’re convinced it’s BCC, maybe they wait a bit longer. Also, because mine was so small they wouldn’t bother with a biopsy so, to be sure of diagnosis, they just cut it straight out, no need for plastic surgeon, etc. I do feel for you having to wait so long. You just want it all over and done with to start healing, don’t you?! Every day feels like a month. Good luck with it all. x