New here but Im confused

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hello,

I don't actually know how to feel about the information I got. I know I'm very lucky.

I had my appendix removed a couple of months ago and I got a call today to say that they had found a NET that was below stage 1 and hadn't spread. It was malignant but hadn't spread still. It was tiny, it was about 5/6mm, and at the top of my appendix and the cells were localized. I don't actually know how to feel because I found out I had cancer but don't anymore and don't know how to process that and I feel like I'm being a bit dramatic, they said there really wasn't a chance it had spread but will do a follow up appointment with an MDA.

I feel a lot of guilt 

• Hi  

Welcome to our community, I saw your post and noted this group does not see a lot of traffic so thought if it was ok I might step in.

Emotions when we get cancer are often quite messy as we can see here.

Emotions when cancer treatment ends can also be tricky as here.

You got both in the same letter, no wonder you end up confused. 

I hope whatever you were having the appendix removed in the first place has resolved well - quite a few people get a cancer diagnosis as a side effect of something else and then think of that as a kind of lucky escape.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou so much Steve, I really appreciate your reply and everything you've said :)