Hello all. New to this forum

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

Hello all. This is my first post on this group and wanted to say hi. 
This is such a rare cancer I think we all need all the support we can. 
I was diagnosed with a metastatic mucinous adenocarcinoma in Sept 2022. The diagnosis came completely out of the blue! What a shock. I had 12 cycles of chemo before being referred to Basingstoke for CRS and HIPEC. Basingstoke were I have to say, amazing. I am now 8 weeks post op and recovering well. (If anyone is about to have this op and would like to chat I am happy to do so) 
I have just started this week on Capecitabine tablets as all the cancer could not be removed. I have an appt with my oncologist in 2 weeks but I will remain on these tablets for 6 months I believe before having further scans. 
Anyone have any words of wisdom that I should be asking him? Anyone been in my situation and had different treatment that worked? Does anyone know of any trials for this rare cancer? Any diets or supplements that have helped? 
still on a learning curve here and fighting to survive as long as I can so any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

• Hi  

I'm glad to read that you're recovering well from your recent operations and thanks very much for offering to chat to others who may be embarking on the treatment that you've had.

I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier to spot.

While you're waiting  for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"