Hi, I'm new here.

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi, I was diagnosed with Goblet cell adenocarcinoma just before Christmas 2022 after suddenly starting with tummy pains , going to A &E , being diagnosed with Appendicitis then the next day having it removed. It came as a massive shock to myself and my family. I had CRS/HIPEC in February 2023 at The Christies.  All went well. They removed part of my right bowel, fallopian tubes, ovaries (now on HRT) , greater and lesser omentum then the HIPEC. I recovered well in hospital and was allowed home on day 8 post surgery . That was the longest 2 1/2 hour journey but soooo happy to be home. I'm still off work , can only eat small amounts(get a full feeling in my left side) , some foods upset my stomach,  have a daft hiccup thing going on and pain to the right at the top of my scar. For some reason the last few days I've been emotional,  still trying to get my head around it all .

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read about your recent cancer diagnosis and it's completely normal to feel as you do.

I'm not a member of this group but I'm sure the other group members would be only to happy to answer any questions you might have or share their experiences with you. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier to spot.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for your response.  I have updated my profile Relaxed