New to the community

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi

I just wanted to introduce myself and my journey so far. 

In January 2022, I went to the GP feeling generally unwell and suffering from bloating. He took some bloods and stool samples and arranged for an ultrasound.

Test results came back normal and the ultrasound took place in April. Following this I was initially told everything was OK. Then a phone call from the GP saying he was referring me to a liver consultant as the ultrasound had raised some concerns. 

In July, the liver consultant performed a liver biopsy and ordered a CT scan. The biopsy came back normal and the consultant referred me to Gynaecology. 

In August, I saw a Gynae consultant and a mass was found in my abdomen. She put a rush on the CT scan and this was carried out at the beginning of September. This was followed 2 weeks later by a biopsy of my omentum.

An appointment with another Gynaecology consultant gave the diagnosis of PMP. The consultant had never seen it before and didn't have any answers. I felt as if my world had imploded. A referral to The Christie in Manchester was made and  I had my first appointment with Mr Wilde at the end of October.

Since then things have moved quickly. I had CRS and HIPEC on the 21st November 2022. The consultant was very happy with the operation and is hopeful that he has removed everything. I spent 8 days in hospital and have been recovering at home since then.

I am still very tired and can not do much. I can only walk short distances and still suffer strange pains in my abdomen. But am taking each day as it comes.

Hopefully, at my next appointment I will find out the result of the biopsy and what the future holds.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this group but I just wanted to say hello and to thank you for taking the time to detail your experiences so far.

I hope you don't have too long to wait for the results of your biopsy.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"