Hi

• 5 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Had serious surgery in late 2019 to remove a tumour and a section of my intestine.

During my follow up scans etc, it was confirmed that I have Pseudmyxoma Peritonei but I am not a suitable candidate for peristonectomy or HIPEC.

Off to see the oncologist on the 21st - wish me luck, I think I’m going to need it.

Marty222

•  Hi I just dropped by and noticed you'd not yet had a reply to your post so can I offer you a warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community. I’m sorry to read about your diagnosis but I’m glad you’ve found us. My cancer is different, but a cancer diagnosis of any kind makes us ask lots of questions, causes confusion, stress and probably emotions we’ve never experienced before. 

We all agree, the endless waiting for tests, results and Consultations is so debilitating so to be able to talk to other people who are in the same situation will help you get through this.

The Macmillan Community is organised into dedicated support hubs. I see that you’ve joined our Pseudomyxoma Peritonei group, this will be a good place to meet up with others making the same type of cancer journey.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. 

The Macmillan Support Services also provide lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Good luck with your Oncologist consultation on the 21st.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thanks for the warm welcome, I will update my details as you recommend.

regards

Marty222

• Hi Marty

Hope your appointment went well today. 
    Whatever he outcome just try doing one nice thing a day. It helps me a lot even if it is something simple like looking through some old photos. I have been feeling quite normal lately but now the worry kicks in with my next scan coming up soon. 
    Be sure to have a good weekend xx

• Kaz Jax,

Thank you so much for your message, really appreciate it. Seems strange that words from a stranger can be so reassuring but of course you truly can say that “you know how I feel”.

No real surprises yesterday - the most telling comment from my oncologist in answer to the predictable question of “ok doc so how long have I got?” She said “I think it can be measured in months and years as opposed to weeks and months” so we took some encouragement from that.

They took some bloods and scheduled another scan, I go to see her again 18th June when we plan the chemotherapy.

Spent yesterday delivering the news to friends and family, the facts are easy but the emotions behind them haven’t really surfaced yet, we just feel cheated that I’m not likely to enjoy a contented retirement for as long as we had planned.

Anyway, mustn’t wallow, it’s about making the best of what we do have and trying to stay positive.

Thanks for reaching out Kaz and most importantly, take care of yourself and stay safe.

We’ll talk again no doubt.

Marty

• Hi Marty

Thanks for replying especially when your experiencing very tough times for you and your family. It is so hard to see your family and friends reactions to the news too. But yes stay positive living your life to the full. I swear by planning one nice thing to do each day. 

Take care Marty xx