Recent PMP diagnosis

• 5 replies
  • 10 subscribers

I have finally plucked up the courage to join a discussion group!

i am not used to this sort of thing but as PMP is so rare this seems like a good way to compare experiences. My journey started in January 2020! What a year to get ill!

i had an ultrasound on my liver but actually showed a giant ovarian cyst. My operation for a total hysterectomy was scheduled for March but then cancelled due to Covid! After my op in April I was informed my appendix was also removed. So to cut a long story short, it was LAMN that had spread to my ovary. It has developed into PMP so I have been referred to Basingstoke. 
It looks like I may need the big op and HIPEC as there is mucous in my abdomen near my liver. 

This year has been so bizarre to say the least! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You couldn’t add any more drama to 2020 could you! Ha il glad you’ve found this forum and there are others on Facebook. From what I’ve heard you will be in great hands in Basingstoke. I had my big op in the Christie hospital in Manchester about 18mnths ago now and doing good so far x 

• Thanks for replying Flowery. It is good to know I m not the only one! I m glad to hear you are doing well. I have very mixed emotions about the big op. Relieved and happy that to know I may be having the treatment but at the same time it all sounds so scary too. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kaz Jax

It’s certainly daunting but the fact that you are having the surgery is all positive steps towards recovery. Do your research , find your support groups and before you know it you will be out of the other side x 

• Very true. Thanks for your advice which I will take on board. I m going to focus on the other side! Xx

• Just updating on my situation as I am so delighted with my news. After my recent visit to Basingstoke to see the consultant about my latest CT scan, I don’t need the big op at this stage. In fact some of the mucus has disappeared and the bit that is left has reduced! Another CT scan in April 21.  
    best wishes to all you PMP survivors!