Waiting Biopsy Result

• 26 replies
  • 166 subscribers

Have had a DRE and an MRI the dre the Urology Dr said was aT2b tumor. Didn't get any feedback from MRI just a call to arrange biopsy. I have an appointment on Thursday for results. My PSA is 8.5 at the start of all this.

So waiting to see what happens next.

Thank you and hello all.

• Hello Tilly and welcome! It sounds very much as if your prostate cancer has been caught early enough to cure. I hope so! The Gleason score will add to the medical knowledge of your situation and help determine what to do next. You may also be required to go for another sort of scan. My husband had to have a bone scan and others here have had CT scans etc. Jumping through all the diagnostic hoops is the hardest part of the journey. As soon as you know what it what and what your options are, the emotions tend to settle.

I hope all goes well for you!

• Thank you. Yes it is a bit of a roller coaster I hope all us well with you and your family also.

• Hello  and a warm welcome to the Macmillan online Prostate Community although I am so sorry to find you here.

A PSA of 8.5 and T2B sounds very curable. Try not to worry too much and let us know your results on Thursday.

Feel free to ask any questions however trivial you may think they are - we are all here for you.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

1. Thank you I will update on Thursday.
  • Caught nice & early.  I have a feeling that yours will be a straightforward pathway to cure.  Keep the faith and I hope the wait isn’t too long before decision on suitable treatment pathway.   AW

• Morning Tilly29,

Warm welcome to the community here. You already had good replies just to add that on Thursday when you have your results you may need to take some decisions. The community here has members that had the full circle of experiences and people here are generous and kind and will share their experiences with you. You can ask for help to clarify and to negotiate through the decisions you will be presented. There will always be someone here who took this pathway. So please stick with us.

Lots of love

Dafna

• Hello everyone

So had my biopsy results today. They say they classed it as a T2B but the Cancer hospital have classed it as T3A. The consultant said it is really marginal.

My gleason score is 7 3+4. I now have to have another scan to see if it has spread any further not sure if it's a CT or PET. So I will now wait for that scan.

Thank you

• Hello  

Thank you for the update. T3A and Gleason 7 is very curable. Just for your information, here's the link to our "How Prostate Cancer is Graded" which you may find informative.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/prostate-cancer/staging-and-grading-of-prostate-cancer

Please keep us informed as to your scan and if you wish to ask any questions, however trivial they may be, ask away. We are all here for you.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you and for the link I will update things when I can. Best wishes

• Had a call yesterday fron nurse, the MDT are discussing the results from my nuclear bone scan today which I don't know yet. She said I can expect a call tomorrow morning.

It is worrying.