Waiting Biopsy Result

• 26 replies
  • 166 subscribers

Have had a DRE and an MRI the dre the Urology Dr said was aT2b tumor. Didn't get any feedback from MRI just a call to arrange biopsy. I have an appointment on Thursday for results. My PSA is 8.5 at the start of all this.

So waiting to see what happens next.

Thank you and hello all.

• You are in the right place  for help with your T3A prostate cancer. I understand from your other post that you have had all the tests now so fingers crossed that tomorrow you will be given your treatment options. It is a combination of fear and hope at this stage which is normal. Please come back with your final stats and then it will help us to help you better if you would like to update your profile by clicking on the chair, go to edit profile, write a brief summary and don't forget to save. I am pretty sure that you will hear the words curative pathway.

• Thank you I will update when I hear

• Hello  

No problem - we can keep your updated results in this thread. I wish you well for tomorrow - I am a T3a on a "curative pathway".

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  , we have all been where you currently find yourself.  Please come back following the meeting and the amazing group on here will be able to share their experiences.  Best wishes and hopefully you will hear ‘curative pathway’.  David

• Hi Tilly29,

Not long to wait now until you get the results & a treatment plan & I can see that you have already had several positive replies from others. 

I had my results by phone (which meant I got them sooner rather than having to wait for a face to face appointment), however, it was a lot to take in even with 2 of us listening, & it was a while before any letter with the details arrived .  If it's possible I would ask if they would mind if you record the conversation then you can listen to it again to clarify any parts you aren't sure of.

Best Wishes.

Brian

• Thank you much appreciated

• Good luck tomorrow: as others have said, once you have the results we can give you our experience to help you frame your questions to your medical experts. One thing though: I’m unclear if you are waiting for the formal results from the MRI or whether you have had your biopsy and are waiting for the results from that.    AW

• Thank you I am waiting for a bone scan result today. Have had all my other results.

•   , to get much better answers to any questions, can I suggest you add your PSA, TNM staging and Gleason to your profile.  Just hit the chair by your name and edit your profile and save at the end.  Armed with this info, any responses will be more relevant to your diagnosis.  It is also a useful place to record your progress as your journey continues.  Click my picture of St Brelades Bay by my name to view my own ongoing journey.  David

• Had call from the nurse today re bone scan. It has come back clear.

Just waiting for refferels to Surgical and oncologist now. I have done quite a lot of research but surgery is not for me for many practical reasons but I will obviously speak with them.