Hello

• 28 replies
  • 160 subscribers

I was diagnosed with advanced incurable prostate cancer two and half years ago at the age of 51. I’m now at a point where they is not treatment options left. I’m struggling to talk about it, and I’m just reaching out to others on here to talk about it. 

• Hi Andy,

I fully empathize with how you feel at this time, it does help to talk. It's hard to keep busy at the moment as currently my mobility is limited me to the bed. But the health team are trying to organise the right pain relief to make me feel more comfortable. Which might improve my mobility slightly. 

• Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, yeh hormones definitely don't help made me well grumpy and emotional. Hope u get put on the right path of treatment to help you at this stressful time. People presume it can be  treated all the time and yet their ones not living with it. 

All the best and hope any treatment goes well.

• Coriander,

I know that my partner Tracey will say I was grumpy and emotional before.  Well, a bit.

From reading a few posts just now, men are being diagnosed with PC younger and younger.

I thought I was young(ish) at 57.

Is it possible that there are new treatments in trial stages, possibly suitable for you?

All the best.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Well,  first chemo yesterday.  Not as traumatic as I thought it would be.  In fact I feel pretty good today but that might be the steroids helping me out!!!

• Hi Mr Smith

The effect can take two or three days to kick in, it did with me, so just be careful, it can be like being drained plus a few other things. Hopefully it will give you a miss, just take care.

stay safe

Joe

• Mr Smith,

Don't know if it is correct to congratulate you on your first Chemo.

Anyway, hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Thanks for the congratulations :).   Yeah,  I celebrating getting past it!!   Feeling a bit more drained today than yesterday,  but not too bad.   

• hi corriander - talk away. let it out - sometimes it helps. Sometimes ranting/giving vent to your feelings help. Cancer takes us to unexpected places metaphorically speaking. You belong to an exclusive club -those affected by cancer. all belong. There is no magic wand but There is a heap of understanding from fellow/esses who have some understanding of your torrment.

Kath
    "don't think about tomorrow"