My husband has advanced prostate cancer that has spread into multiple lymph nodes

• 12 replies
  • 158 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

Brand new to the group.  We're going through the toughest of times at the moment.  The hospital had a back log of results from pet scans so the consultant couldn't give us the results face to face and sent us home and called a few days later with the results.  Despite removing husband prostate in March, his PSA had risen and the cancer has spread and is contained at the moment to multiple lymph nodes (pelvis and abdominal).  Has anyone on this site had a similar experience.  We literally haven't slept for weeks with worry.  I know we're not alone and now I've joined this group I so admire your bravery and honesty and most of all support. His score is 4+3=7 and psa 3 months after prostate removal in 11.  He has now started hormone therapy.  Any experiences of similar would be gratefully appreciated as we just can't seem to find the answers.  We are seeing the Oncologist 12 August.

• Thank you for your response Kellymarie63. My husband is the same although hasn’t turned yellow. My husbands cancer has mainly spread to his bones and he can hardly walk now.  Pain in his hips, back and legs  

Have they given a prognosis for your dad? I really hope he doesn’t suffer too much and you get all the help that is out there  

• My dad got diagnosed in Nov last year with prostate cancer was offered chemo bye the time got round to it the cancer had spread outside of his prostate so he couldn't have a op either last resort was radio but bye the time that came was to late it was terminal he's got it in his bones spine lungs ribs him pelvis hips etc. Consultant has told us 2 years or shorter.... these past months his pain has started in back etc he's been going yellow frail etc since March... but these past weeks has been a struggle for him.xxx