Cabazitaxil

• 2 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi I’m new to this group. Any advice will be helpful. My husband has incurable prostate cancer. The hormone injection and subsequent enzalutamide have stopped working so is now starting 10 sessions of cabazitaxil over 30 weeks. Has anyone been through this chemotherapy and how is it tolerated please. Not sure what happens after the chemotherapy?  Thank you!

• Hello  and welcome. My husband also has advanced prostate cancer, diagnosed in 2020, and he had 6 sessions of Docetaxel after the Enzalutamide stopped working for him. Cabazitaxel is a similar chemotherapy treatment and from what I understand it has similar side effects. My husband was dreading chemotherapy but at the end said it was not as bad as he feared. From others on the forum the one thing we have learnt is that the degree to which people get side effects can vary. Yes there are treatments beyond cabazitaxel but some of them might depend on certain genes so it is a good idea to have a genetic screening. I can give a fuller description once we get home from the oncologist today.

• Thank you so much for your reply this is his second round of chemo and as you said the first lot wasn’t too bad but he only had 6 this time it’s 10 over 30 weeks!