Decisions

• 0 replies
  • 108 subscribers

My PSA went from 3 to 6.1 in thirteen months doc says something has changed and gave me  a DE and told me I have lump on my prostate.

I've been on hormone therapy now for 5 months and go this Tuesday for my planning appointment.

I had no symptoms  apart from  a sore hip after falling down three fights if icy steps.

The hormone therapy has hit me hard, especially with tiredness and an upset stomach, something a have rarely had before.

I'm to have 4 weeks of radiotherapy plus another 18 months hormone.

My worry is that at 76 I had no idea that I had prostate cancer, until the fall, so another 18 months on H/T on top of the radiotherapy could mess me up even more so. I'm still having serious thoughts about ending the treatment but it's hard, my wife will support me whatever I decide.

Do I or don't I.

I feel really bad at times mentally, having had no serious illness or injuries in my life.

I think what has messed me up is reading about percentages, but like gambling, which I have never participated in, ever.

I asked my doctor if I could get my PSA level check and he said no, we do not routinely check PSA levels, it's NHS advice.

I do not worry about death as such, but I do worry about the way I die.

To make matters worse  I had two online video call season with a consultant, talking about hormone therapy and radiation he said not to worry you might die from a heart attack before you reach radiation therapy.

Perhaps I should just walk away and get on with  my life, treating the last 7/8 months as a bad dream.