Thank you to everyone on here.

• 1 reply
  • 110 subscribers

I'd just like to thank you all very much, you who contribute to this forum. My husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 PC four years ago. At the initial diagnosis we were made to feel that his death was imminent. It was coming onto this forum, reading other men's stories, given information and being talked to with compassion and understanding that I felt hope that he would stay around a little bit longer. And he has - hurrah!  I've just read a post by a woman who says that she and her husband refuse to regard his cancer as terminal but more of a chronic illness and so do we. Other than the daily tablets, the regular bloods and injections we pretty much ignore my husband's cancer. But every now and then I have a bit of a wobble and come onto here and never fail to be heartened by the people on here who bother to respond to other people's emotional pain. So thank you all very much.

• Hello  

Well thank you very much for taking the time to add this thread to the forum and your lovely comments. We don't do it for the thanks or praise (but it's great when we get it) we do it because we care and in my case almost 3 years ago I knew nothing about this cancer. The good folk on here (and they are still here) put me right - and I am just putting back into the Community what I have had out!!

I am so pleased that your husband is doing well - I think like me, you just get on with life - and Prostate Cancer is part of that life - but you don't let it rule you.

In the almost 3 years on this Community I have "met" some truly inspirational people and I am so proud that I can call them my friends. As I sometime say we aren't a bad bunch - so thanks to everyone who contributes to the forum, no matter how often - every contribution counts.

- May you and your husband enjoy many more years together - you know where we are and you are always welcome - it's OUR Community.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.