PSA 210

• 11 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Hi , apologies for being absent for a while ,,,, as I have said before my husband age 82 has got prostrate cancer , he had his 3 month blood test the other day and the GP has just rung me to tell me his PSA is now 210, and I should speak to his consultant.  I should also let you know he’s got Alzimers aswell and has refused all treatment. I  spoke to his consultant and he wants him to have another blood test, bone scan ,and full body scan asap  Due to my husbands Alzimers we don’t talk  about his cancer,,,, and at first the consultant agreed to watch and wait ,,,, but said it’s now past .                                        Im really at a loss as to what to say,,, or even how to approach the subject with my husband,,, as I know he still wont want any treatment. I’m sure the cancer has spread and he has problems with bowel movements in each way ,,,,,and more frequent visits .I would appreciate any comments ,,,positive or negative. 
Georgina

• Hi Alwayshope, yes he does have his vaccines ,,,,,because I have mine at the same time ,,,,otherwise he wouldn’t ,,,, I ask him about his bowels every day ,,,and I do give him a  laxative when  I hear him struggling ,,,, I’ve said to him maybe you see a dr about it ,,,but No is always the answer ,,,, “ I’m ok “  my daughter and I decided after talking to his consultant that hormone treatment was not suitable as it can advance the Alzimers and could make him aggressive, that left  an operation ,,,,or radiotherapy ,,,which he flatly refuse ,,,, I do think that perhaps ,,,,,we have come to the point where ,,,, all we can do is take care of him and keep him as pain free as possible ,,,, I know no one deserves this ,,,, but he certainly doesn’t ,,,, he’s been a wonderful husband father and grandad , and I have a bad lungs condition and he’s always taken care of me , and he was a much respected man when he worked in the pit , and in the village . 
    thankyou for your comments I really appreciate it , Love Gena ,