Heart problems as well

• 4 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Hi guys and ladies.

So we done radiation therapy amd have another year of HT to go so far after much stress amd side effects we are winning the psa war.

Now he has to have a EVAR to repair an amoetic anneryism. 

Bit scary 

Anyone else dealt with surgery for heart during treatment ?

Thanks Grinning 

• Hello Dorisw and welcome to the forum, good to hear treatment is helping though sorry to hear about the side effects which most of us get to some extent. I had heart surgery a month before having a TURP  and 7 weeks before RT last April, and i have just finished 4 heart Ops in the hope that my heart may be strong enough to cope with chemotherapy. My first surgery was with an epidural on my aorta and my last 4 were with nerve blocks just helping flow through arteries, hope aortic aneurysm repair goes well and no refinement is required later, take care.

Eddie

• My friend managed to have his aneurysm sorted before starting treatment for prostate cancer - Had the aneurysm done early last year and then started treatment for prostate cancer later int he year as the aneurysm had been found just a little before his prostate cancer diagnosis.  Thankfully both his consultants communicated well with each other and he was able to have both.  I don't think normally there is a problem when on HT but am sure if there is then he can take a HT holiday for a while so that the EVAR can take place and both ttreatments have the best chance of total success.  Best to speak to both consultants and ask them to communicate with each other over the treatment.

All the best to you both.

• Hi DorisW

My heart is under constant watch as my aortic valve is medium to serious, I have a full MRI scan in five days to determine how much the cancer has progressed in my bones. I’m led to believe that both urology and the heart people are talking to each other, hopefully with a view to sort things out. You only need to look at my profile to get where I am with assorted treatments.

Stay safe

Joe

• Hi Joe, Like you my heart complicates matters when it comes to cancer treatment but my heart and cancer consultants have set up a cardio/oncology partnership for me, take care.

Eddie