Concerned

• 7 replies
  • 113 subscribers

Have been dealing with advanced local prostate cancer for the past 5 years.

7 weeks radiotherapy followed by 3 years Hormone Therapy. 

Being a non psa secreter I have been having an isotope bone scan annualy, 2weeks ago I had my scan, the following day I was contacted to return for an x ray of my pelvis.

Last Friday my oncologists secretary contacted me to sat he wanted to see me in 2 weeks , I was only due to see him in July.

I am very concerned and worrying myself silly. 

• Hello Gr07 and welcome to the forum though sorry to see what a difficult time emotionally you are having, As  you were asked to have a x-ray after the scan it would suggest something may have been spotted, though needing the x-ray would also suggest whatever they may have seen has been caught early. I too have LAPc  and have a MRI of the spine every three months, I can't tell you not to worry at these times because i do too. I hope your appointment goes as well as possible, take care

Eddie

• Thanks for your reply and good luck with your treatment. 

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Prostate Community - I am so sorry to see you here.

Waiting for results is the hardest time of all on a cancer journey and when you receive a call to an appointment you are not expecting it sends your mind into overdrive. Easy for me to say - I know - but your team have got your case in hand. I can understand your concern and yes it's an agonising time waiting.

I have attached a link - detailing help we can supply in dealing with your emotions:

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/treatment/coping-with-treatment/getting-help-with-your-emotions

I would suggest for that little bit of re-assurance you give our helpline a ring on 0808 808 00 00 (8am - 8pm 7 days a week). 

I do hope this helps - If I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Gr07

Here we will try and help any way we can, having bone scans scans is part and parcel for us incurable victims, I have a mri at the end of the month, I already have a shadow on my spine which I’m told is cancer in the marrow. 
    Over seven and a half years dealing with this, nothing surprises me anymore except if I win the lottery Rofl so even if it’s progressed to your pelvis as long as your heart lungs etc are cancer free, then you will be ok to keep going for many years yet.

Just one question did you have chemotherapy yet, or do you have a condition which makes it a no no.

• Thank you for your reply.

My initial staging was T3 N1 gleason score 9 following 7 weeks of radiotherapy and 3 years hormone treatment all my scans have shown no metatasic disease. 

3 years hormone treatment destroyed the man I was but obviously kept the cancer from progressing. 

Been off the treatment coming up 2 years and everything been fine apart from the side effects I still have from the treatment. 

I feel that is about to change , see my oncologist 4th of March.

Answer to your question no never had chemotherapy or any other treatment other than mentioned. 

• Hi GR07 Sorry to hear about your latest setback,the waiting is when the mind starts wandering,hopefully it gets sorted and good luck with appointment 

• Hello   good luck with your oncology appointment on 4th March - keep us posted.

Whatever the outcome of the meeting we are all here for you and will support you on any further journey you may take.

Best wishes - Brian

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.