Spaced out

• 6 replies
  • 114 subscribers

2 weeks diagnosed to the day. Back on the road visiting customers. Feel a bit spaced out. I have had the support of my wife at home but now in hotels on my own leaves time for negativity. 
Dont know whether to tell customers or not. Having said that I’ve known some of them for 20 years or more and they  are friends. 
I still find it hard to believe, i feel the healthiest I have for some time. I’m doing 100 press ups, 20 dips  and now 100 pelvic floor exercises a day. One half of my brain says why are you putting your self through this, you’re healthy. The other side dwells on the proof and science. Feeling a whirlwind of emotions. 
oh well back in the car and trying to keep busy.

• Hi P

U sound a bit like myself on diagnosis, still working , still exercising which I think does help to take your mind off it, after all, bit of a shock.

Your stats look ok, quite low, Gleeson 4+4 so medium aggressiveness though, needs watching and in particular tumour size in mm, don't think u mention that.

With those figures am pretty sure  bone scan will  be clear.

So just to decide on treatment, surgery or  RT, do much research on that, I had RT by the way.

Keep us posted and good luck

Steve 

• Hello  

Thanks for sharing, it just shows you are a normal human being!!  The hardest part of the journey is the wait before diagnosis and a treatment plan and starting on the treatment journey. We've all been there Grimacing.

Keep busy, you've got your bone scan and oncology appointment to come. Keep up with the exercises and grab a pen and paper and start a list of pros and cons - surgery v HT/RT (I know you fancy surgery but oncology might try and sway you). Do your research from trusted sources - Here, this Community, MacMillan's and Prostate Cancer UK - it will help later.

As to who you tell -personal choice - I told everyone and they (apart from two "friends" who "didn't do cancer") were so supportive.

You are on the way - we are travelling with you - You will be fine!!

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Psticks,

Sorry you have joined the Club, but welcome.   Your stats a quite low, so as others have said, I think your scan will be ok.  This is the hardest part, waiting to start the journey, but staying physically fit is a big help.  Staying mentally fit is harder but also pays dividends, so try and think positive.

As far as telling people, I chose to buy a load of ‘man of men’ badges from Prostate Cancer UK as soon as I had my diagnosis and I wear it all the time.  Lots of people recognise it and with those who don’t know,  it has started conversations about PCa which hopefully spreads the word to get men to get tested early.  
    Please let us know how you get on and every time you do your press ups try and think how lucky you have been to be diagnosed early.

Best wishes,  David

• Hello  

I chose to buy a load of ‘man of men’ badges from Prostate Cancer UK

Quite right too. I buy them in 10's and give them out for fun. I always wear one and in summer I have their black "man of men" T-Shirts. They are good quality and very distinguished if I may say so.

In the office I have the black "man of men" mug - that starts plenty of conversations.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• The waiting is the worst part.  Definitely keep yourself busy, my husband didn’t look good over Christmas hols as think he had too much time on his hands to think about it all.  Once he was back to work in January he looked so much better.  His treatment has now started and we both said tonight how we feel less stressed knowing that things are moving and appointments made for the next six weeks.  It always helps to talk to people and you’ll also feel you’re not alone.  This site has been great too with advice and what to expect.  Keep exercising and doings things that make you feel good! 

• Hi

I can only comment on the HT/RT route, but keeping fit was advised by my Cancer team. If you end up going down this route the HT, particularly, will drain your stamina and strength. So by my thinking the fitter you are when you start treatment the better.

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!