Blood Test

• 8 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Good Morning

PSA blood test taken 2 March 23 along with last Prostap injection,  telephone appointment with a member of the MDT 18 April 23, cancelled, new appointment made with MDT 24 May23, also cancelled. I now have a new appointment on 12 July23 with MDT, just want to know has anybody else experienced this with their appointment or it it because of all the nurses strikes, covid etc.

Much appreciation in advance

John 1963

• My husband had his MRI scan august 2022 and was given appointment for 23/9/22 to get results. On 16/9/23 this appointment was postponed until 23/12/2022 because the clinician had decided to take the day off. His case was passed to a a medically untrained, and medically unsupervised clinic coordinator to rebook on the next available date - even though the mri scan result indicating cancer would have been known. We made a formal complaint because we consider this a patient safety incident and we did not want this to happen to anyone else. We asked specifically what mitigations would be put in place to prevent this happening again. We didn’t get a much in reply beyond an apology. We did, though, get the appointment brought forward. It meant we lost all trust, though.

• Hi John

I have just read your journey - like me you have been round the block a bit!!

As it's a routine PSA test my I suggest for peace of mid you ask your GP for the results. I have full access to my NHS records on the app and all my test results come up there and I see then as soon as they are available. I am also under Manchester University trust and they have their own app - ALL my results appear on that one too.

Kind Regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you both for the reply, I have got Myhealthonline here in Wales, but I believe it’s about 10 years behind England, I can only access what medication I have received, order repeat prescriptions or book a GP appointment, it doesn’t show anything else.

John 1963

• Unfortunately we can't do that here in Wales.  However your GP should have had the results so (try) and get in touch with them.  Good Luck.

• Hi Freefaller

And I thought we were a United Kingdom. What a waste, surely it's the NHS (National!!).

I just don't understand some things - I find having full access on my mobile phone to the NHS App - it's great. I am under 4 different health bodies - GP, Northern Care Alliance, Manchester University Trust and Christies.

The other day my GP called and requested a full set of bloods. I had them done a couple of months before at Manchester University Trust so just sent the GP a copy. He admitted he could only see the GP records!

Crazy!!

Kind Regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• It's devolved government and comes under the Welsh Assembly.

• Delays can indeed happen due to various reasons, including strikes, COVID, or even scheduling issues within the healthcare system. It can be frustrating, but you're not alone in experiencing these delays.

In the meantime, taking charge of your health whenever possible might help. Have you considered monitoring your health at home? https://aichek.com/ has some fantastic tools for tracking health metrics. While waiting for your appointment, keeping an eye on your health with reliable at-home monitoring might provide some peace of mind.