Diagnosed with brain tumour

• 5 replies
  • 111 subscribers

My dear husband changed to Cabazitaxel 3 weeks before Easter. He was so ill for two weeks in bed headache vomiting. We thought it was the chemo or the Zarzio injections. He started to pick up a bit week three but then on Good Friday he got a bad headache and droopy eye, runny nose, sounds in right ear,  temperature up. He was so poorly by the evening I took him to A&E. Within minutes they had him in a wheelchair and on a fentanyl drip for the pain and then did CT scans, xrays,  bloods. At 4:30 am we saw the doctor. I was expecting an infection due to chemo but they told us they had found a brain tumour in the right temporal lobe.We are just devastated. I don’t know what to do. He cries all the time. We are still waiting for a brain MRI next week to check for more tumours. Interestingly the doctor said the Cabazitaxel penetrates the blood brain barrier and caused inflammation around the tumour which caused the headache, Docetaxel doesn’t penetrate the blood brain barrier so his previous Docetaxel didn’t affect it. They say if he had not switched to Cabazitaxel we probably still wouldn’t know. There is nothing on the internet. It says prostate cancer goes to the brain in less than 1% of people. Why us, he is only 66. Has anyone else any experience of this.