Newly diagnosed prostate.cancer

• 2 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi I'm david,

I was confirmed I have pc with a gleason score of 7.

I was totally expecting this after all the usual psa, scans mri, biopsies e. t. c.

I feel terrible in the fact that I don't undefstand why all these great people would like to give me a couple of more years by offering all this time consuming and   more deserving expenditure to Me.?

Am I trying to laugh in the face of pc as its not a big c is it. My father died of old age though had pc. Sorry if I sound blazee. Am I pretending I'm OK a d I'm not. I. Still I. Limbo personalky even after it's bee. Ha ded to me in black a d white with all the meds, bone sxa , radiotherapy options.

• If you've ever paid your taxes and national insurance (or not been able to), then you are as entitled and deserving as anyone else. 

We human beings have an amazing ability to carry on in the face of adversity, and laugh at the same time. I don't think it necessarily matters; whatever get you though.

Where you need the honesty and practicality is in looking ahead at the real issues before you - job, family, friends, hobbies etc - and making whatever changes you need to make.

Good Luck; living with PCa does get easier, even if it never quite goes away.

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• Hello David

When I was given the results of the biopsy it didn't come as a huge surprise. But it's still not the news you want to hear.

I had plenty of dark days before I realised there was a life to get on with.

I was also gleason 7 (3+4). Had the da Vinci April 2017.

Good luck.