Delayed Treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi, I was first diagnosed with prostate cancer two years ago. The consultant said that the cancer was so low grade, I would be in my hundreds before it would become troublesome. In March 2021, after a routine MRI scan, the cancer had spread. I haven't had a grade for the cancer. I've opted for a prostatectomy, however, the hospital/consultant can't carry out the operation until September 2021. In the meantime I've been prescribed 50mg of bicalutmide. Is this acceptable practice? and will such a low dose be effective? I must admit to feeling a little sidetracked, probably because I'm 60 years old!! 

• Hi David

Its difficult to know how urgent this is without any stats to go on. Ie:  Psas over the past two years, have u had a biopsy.? what exactly does the Mri show, has the tumour spread near the capsule edge?

Steve

•  sorry to hear your situation, I would take comfort in that you’ve been offered surgery, by spread and surgery an option I assume that it’s still contained in the prostrate?

as  asks, have you had biopsy?

• Hello

Bicalutimide is always given as a first line of attack, it lowers the PSA and attacks the cancer. There’s plenty of people on here young and old 50s 60s and so on. If ever you have any questions ask the oncologist who is dealing with your case, by rights he has to tell you everything.

Stay safe 

Joe

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to joeven

Thank you Joe,