Going out?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 107 subscribers

Hi Everyone, please can you give me any guidence on what going out, visiting shops/pubs, when we can whilst on chemo or enzalutamide? Thanks in advance

• Due to the fact that your immune system will be compromised at the moment I would avoid going out to shops and pubs to avoid contact with anyone who could be carrying Covid 19.  You should ask when you next go to your chemo session or call your cancer treatment centre for advice.If you have been allocated a Macmillan Nurse or Key worker check with them.  Hopefully someone going through chemo and/or enzalutamide at the moment will be on line soon who can give you better advice, but definitely check with your cancer treatment centre.

• Hi HLR1

Whilst I was having chemo, I had strict instructions to keep my distance from anyone who may have a cold or other illness as one's immune system is totally shot and even a cold can make one quite ill. Avoiding pubs and shops is a very good idea. The hormone treatment is not a problem but chemo suppresses the red and white cells which soon recover when the treatment finishes. Also, keep an eye on your temperature as a small rise can indicate a problem. The best thing to do is be patient and wrap yourself up in cotton wool!

Best wishes.