psa level rising

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 109 subscribers

My dads psa was at 10,000+ almost 1 year today. it has risen from 182.1 from two months ago to 201 today. Is this the end? is this normal? 3 months ago it dropped nearly 50% can the drugs stop working that quickly? he is on abiritrone something like that. Can levels fluctuate like this or am i cluching at straws? anyone reply please sorry for all spelling and grammer im simply thick. Is there anything else that can be done now? he's had chemo,radiotherapy, hormone injections now this tablet abiritrone with steriods.

• Can't help much but when I had a few problems I contacted the Macmillan Nurse at my local hospital by e-mail and she rang me the next day so i think professional help would be your answer. 

Best regards and good luck.  Reg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Prefect56

thanks for your time x x

• The short answer is the cancer can become resistant to treatment but I would wait fir at least one other PSA result and discuss with the oncologist.

Fingers crossed it’s a blip. 

Ido4

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ido4

I know were on borrowed time, if he lived for another 100 years it's not enough. I can't handle a 50% drop in psa to a 11% drop to a 10% Gain in so short a time. Guess i have to. Thanks for your time.