Radiotherapy v Prostatectomy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 109 subscribers

Its been a while since I last posted on here so time for an update.  Click on my picture to see my profile with details of my treatment.

Back in the dark ages in 2015 I was given no options for treatment.  It was radiotherapy with hormone treatment.  That was it, nothing else.

So I was signed up for 3 years of hormone injections - Prostap3 - with 37 zaps of radiotherapy.  The hormone stuff was quite difficult at times, especially the depression from which I had never suffered.  So after consultation with the experts it was decided to stop the Prostap after 2 years.  Within a few months my PSA levelled out at 0.8.  Now, after 3 years since stopping hormones, the level is exactly the same.

I am not saying radiotherapy with hormones is the way to go.  I am not saying a prostatectomy is the way to go either.  If you read my profile you can see how the treatment has affected me.  I know there used to be many questions about this decision but in the end I think my treatment has been largely successful for me - so long as my digestive system does not become a bigger problem.  

I hope this may help someone make that decision.

Thumbsup

• Hi 

Thanks very much for taking the time to post about your experiences. I'm sure the other members of this group, especially new members just about to start treatment, will find it very useful.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Sounds like you’ve had a good result from your treatment SD1. Long may that continue.

Ido4