Prostap vs Bicalutimide

• 2 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi

Has anyone been on Prostap and then switched to Bicalutimide ( apologies if the spelling is a bit dodgy!) or the other way round?

If so did you notice any differences in the side effects?

From my research and speaking with the cancer nurse I can't find there are  any but wondered if anyone had a different experience.

Stu

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, just noticed your post.  At the start of treatment I was given bicalutamide to prevent tumour flare before then going on to Prostap 3.  I remained on Prostap for 2 years - originally for 3 but the side effects got to me - and glad I did.

My brother could not have an op due to heart trouble so he was put on bicalutamide for life.  While we are obviously different he says the effects don't seem to have affected him as much as the Prostap did me.  He never stopped working and carried on playing golf all just as normal.  The consultant did say that if I had wanted to remain on hormone treatment for the 3rd year then bicalutamide would have been a consideration.

Thumbsup

• Hi

Many thanks for the response.

I too was on Bicalutimide at the start to prevent the flare but came off it and on to Prostap. 

Due to the shock of the diagnosis and only being on the Bic alutimide for a short period I didn't notice side effects.

Since putting up this post I have spoken with another cancer nurse who advised I was on the most appropriate drug for my situation. Guess I will have to put up with Prostap!

Thanks again.

Regards

Stu

Trying to get fit again!