Enzaluamide

• 5 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Having had a robotic protectomy in February and found out it had failed in May, PSA still at 17 prior to op 24.Pet scan done, result no bone mets but a couple of local lymph nodes affected maybe a very small area outside of pelvic region affected but he is not sure far too small to tell apparently.Consultant says cure possible with the use of Enzaluamide followed by a short course of RT.Great news he thinks its curative but aware that Enzaluamide a stronger very expensive drug  .Has anyone had experience of being prescribed this one  and what side affects did they have?

• given the times we are in, different approaches are being made, my understanding is that this is normally offered once traditional therapy stops working.  The consultant probably has his reasons, perhaps ask him, 

Since I suspect it's similar to any other hormone therapy, with similar side effects caused by a withdrawal of testosterone.

• Well I spelt it wrong for a start its Enzalutimide.I have done some digging and the most recent trials have indicated excellent results when this drug is used as a first line treatment .Just wondered if anyone knew more about it as it's a newish drug .

• Interested to see how your getting on with Enzalatumide?

My dad has just started this as his first treatment after having the hormone implant 

• Hi Yes I've been on it since June ok to start with but its combined with an injection and since I've had the injection I get hot flashes very uncomfortable but manageable. My wife is very sympathetic having gone through the menopause herself .I have brain fog and get very tired but being retired I can rest .The consultant will ring once a month to check up.on me and I'm awaiting the results of a PSA test to see if it's working. Other than these common side effects I'm looking and feeling well .My consultant has given me this drug as a first line treatment which is unusual but he said it's a great drug and my cancer is curative. Wishing your dad all the best its wonderful we have these fantastic treatments hopefully he will benefit from it with few side effects .

• Thank you so much for replying, it has really helped

So pleased your well and staying positive Slight smile