Bowel cancer treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 107 subscribers

Hi I’m new to the group and I’m just feeling a bit unsure of what I do.  I only got diagnosed a few weeks ago with bowel cancer and my last conversation was with my consultant who told me I needed radiotherapy treatment at clatterbridge hospital.  This was 2 weeks ago and I’ve not heard anymore about it.  I know there are a lot of other things going on but surely someone should let me know what’s happening.  How long can you wait for treatment I’m scared that the cancer will spread whilst I’m waiting for treatment.  I’m also feeling so down as I’m bleeding all the time and I just wondered if anyone has any advice for me because like I said I’m new to all this. Thank you

• Hello,

For some reason this has come through to the Prostate Cancer Group and you need to post in the Bowel Cancer group.  However, as you have not heard for two weeks I think you should call your consultant's secretary and ask about your treatment.  Just ring the hospital number and as for Mr/Ms so and so's secretary.  If you can't get through there then ring the radiotherapy centre at your treatment hospital and ask if they have any information.  If you post this again to the Bowel Cancer Group I am sure you will receive more information about your specific worries.

Hope everything goes well for you.