treatment plan

• 5 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi everyone

I have just joined this group.   My husband was diagnosed nearly six months ago and started hormone treatment at this time.  His follow up bone scan has confirmed metastasis to one rib, he is awaiting a follow up scan for the kidney.   We saw the oncologist a couple of weeks back and we have been told that he will have 6 sessions of chemo followed by 20 sessions of radiotherapy.   We're still coming to terms with everything, so the chemo was another shock we didn't expect. We are due to go back in July I presume for the treatment plan.  Anyone been through this and got any advice?  How long after chemo does radiotherapy start?  

thanks all.

• Hi I had chemo but not offered radiotherapy. 

I was diagnosed had surgery, then chemo. I assume radiotherapy aimed at prostrate or is it at ribs?

Take it easy during chemo, buy a good thermometer.

I used baby shower gel during chemo which helped

Take it easy and best wishes for your husband's treatment 

• Hi, I had 6 chemotherapy sessions followed by radiotherapy just under 6 weeks after last chemo session.

Please feel free to view my profile for more detailed information.

Best regards 

Mally 

Don't let your good days be spoilt by the worry of a bad day, that may or may not come along.

• Hi

many thanks for your response.  The radiotherapy will be aimed at the prostate, 13/13 biopsies cancerous and so surgery really not an option confirmed also with second opinion. 

Yes, have bought a thermometer and will note your advice, anything to support him during his treatment.

thanks again.  B

• Hi

many thanks for your response.  The radiotherapy will be aimed at the prostate, 13/13 biopsies cancerous and so surgery really not an option confirmed also with second opinion. 

Yes, have bought a thermometer and will note your advice, anything to support him during his treatment.

thanks again.  B

• thanks this is really helpful and gives us some indication of timescales.   I'll view your profile as suggested.

many thanks again.