New Member.

• 4 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I joined a couple of days ago & thought it was time to share my new journey with you. I am 65 who had no symptoms at all until I noticed it was taking me longer to finish having a pee. Got a PSA test from doctor and it came back at 74, had another 2 weeks later at oncology clinic and it had risen to 86. Since then I have had a biopsy, MRI scan, bone scan and CT scan, unfortunately the results were not good with spread to my bones,lungs and lymph nodes. I have already started hormone therapy (Prostap) with my second injection due on 16th of April, planned IV chemo has been cancelled because of Covid-19 virus but I`ve been told I meet the criteria for oral chemo. I have a telephone consultation on 24th April with my consultant to discuss my current situation. Personally it all seems surreal since my diagnosis with my wife and family not taking the news too well, but they have come to terms with it now when they see I am positive about the future despite my diagnosis. No doubt I will be posting more regularly as my treatment goes forward and hopefully I will be able comment,advise,share or just talk to someone who feels vulnerable, confused or just seeking info.

Take care and all the best to everyone,  HarleyD. 

• I hope the treatment goes well for you and you get the chemotherapy as soon as practical. Thanks for update.

Ido4

• hi Harley & welcome

sorry to hear about your situation. looks like you are being well looked after even in these troubling times.

Hopefully the Prostap will get the PSa right down and the oral Chemo will no doubt help as well.

I didnt have your treatment plan but hopefully others will post in a similar situation to give advice.

Steve

• best wishes for your treatment. I’m 51 over the last year I’ve had surgery, chemo and hormone therapy.  Initially thought it was contained but proven not and in ribs. Take it easy during chemotherapy, just need to listen to your body, take it easy and stay positive. 

• Thanks for the replies, it`s always nice to hear from other people with a similar story to tell, after all we are all on the same journey and with the support of this community I`m sure we will all get through it. Slight smile