Hephrostomy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 109 subscribers

Does anyone have any experience of having this procedure...should there be a lot of pain and my brother has been in hospital for 3 weeks following procedure..

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your brother is in a lot of pain after having a hephrostomy.

I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses yet so I thought I'd see if I could help. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any reference to hephrostomy on either this site or any other cancer site so I'm presuming that it's a very new procedure.

I guess that his team know about his pain and hopefully they'll be able to get on top of it soon.

When you have a minute it would be useful if could pop something about your brother's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Do you mean nephostromy? As Latchbrook has said it would be good to know context and history leading up to this procedure so that some answers might be forthcoming.

Really sorry to hear your brother is in a lot of pain following this procedure.

I don’t have any experience of this procedure.

Best wishes,

Ido4

• i thought it might be nephrostomy too.  Don't know any one who has had it though sorry.