Zoladex jab

• 8 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Been having zoladex jab since 2018 July stop in 2021 had all the side effects now feeling very tired &fatigued taking vitamin pills for bones & muscles  as any one got any other ideas love walking but now getting hard work                                                                                                                                           DAVIE B

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My husband was given no other option than Zoladex in 2018. He was not told much about it by doctor & we did not told the truth about the side effects from the nurses either. He is a changed person now & has a very different attitude to me. He has aged about 10 years & suffers insomnia at night which affects me too as we still share a bedroom. He now wishes that he had never started the injections. Our lives have been changed so much now. Its all a question of time or quality. We hardly ever go out now.   

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I’ve been told 2x Zoladex then RT. Is that fair or a fib?

mood changes? My wife thinks I’m always a stroppy angry shit - but then I have MS in the mix to keep me chirpie!

I think it’s a case of make the effort or you’ll fade away.

Good luck Dee44 x

• hi all 

i've been on zoladex now for 13 months i seem to tolerate it quite well , my biggest problem is with hot sweats apart from that doing o.k .

there are people on prostrap injections , don't see why you couldn't ask to change onto this as far as i know they both do the same job ? 

everyone reacts differently to our treatment its finding whats best for you , and if ur having problems you should be able to talk to your macmillan nurse about treatments and ur options .

stay strong and be positive 

• I have been on Zoladex since October 2019, only problem is hot flushes, usually a couple in the evening and a couple at night. First jab was a monthly and had no problems, then switched to the 3 monthly which was when the flushes started.

Had a follow-up appointment last week after first chemo and the nurse suggested sage supplements, not noticed much difference yet but will persevere a bit longer then try evening primrose oil capsules which have been suggested by some on here.

• Hi Dee thanks for reply I to started zoladex in 2018 & I fully go along with what you say but I don t  think I have aged & we still go out.I was told that zoladex was the best jab to have my brother has prostap?  that's no better same side effects so it's the price we pay. Its changed me in respect to putting on weight aching legs arms very low boredom level I too know I'm not very good company sometimes the trouble is I know lm doing it but cant stop it.you just have fight it dose work I hope some how that helps we can only hope it gets better reply  if it helps PS my wife tells me                           davie b

Davieb
  • Hi levski  I started zoladex 2018 (july) every went well like you hot sweats  but later I had weight gain & muscle & leg aching hope all goes well in the future  davie b

Davieb
  • Thanks Davie. Just had second of six chemo sessions today and PSA is down from 880 at diagnosis to 42, so I'm chuffed with that.

• Hi bet your well pleased hope  the next four go well Good luck for the future nevski

Davieb