PSA rising

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 108 subscribers

Hi all, I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience so that we know roughly what will happen next. My Dad has been on hormone injections since last October to control his metastatic prostate cancer (bones). In September his PSA started to rise again. And has gone from 0.2 to 21.0 between September and now, doubling at least each time we had the results. They have put him on abiretarone now. Has anyone been or had family in similar situations? Is the PSA rising that quickly a bad sign? They did a scan and told us it’s more widespread through his bones and lymph nodes. Looking for any similar experiences, as unsure to whether he has many more options for treatment and what this means for his prognosis. Dad doesn’t like to ask too many questions but we would like to know more where we stand. Thank you in advance. 

• hey 

when u say he's been on hormone injections since october i presume u mean 2018 ? 

what other treatment has your dad had ? they usually only put you on abiraterone when other treatments have failed ! .

the rising psa is a worry its never usually a gd sign , but there could be other things like water infections that cause it to rise as well .

i'm on abiraterone as the treatment plan i was on failed , my psa dropped to 0.3 during chemo but the cancer spread to my spine and chest at the same time !! 

the oncologist was baffled by this so my radiotheraphy was cancelled and i was put on abiraterone

i decided to look for alternative ways to fight it so i started taking cannabis oil in june and in october i started the JOE TIPPENS protocol due a scan on the 8th of jan 

atm my psa is 0.13 and apart from the side effects of the hormone treatment i feel gd .

positivity is a great weapon in the fight .

keep positive and keep fighting .

paul