Advice needed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Has anyone had experience of Prostate Cancer treatment in South Tenerife please?

We have been given the news that my husbands prostate cancer is back and there are secondarys in his pelvic bones.

• Sorry to read that your husband is dealing with metastatic disease. I hope someone can answer your question but there can’t be many on this forum who have had prostate cancer care in Tenerife. 

Ido4

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ido4

I'm sorry to hear your husbands has returned with metastases.  Metastatic prostate cancer is primarily treated with various types of hormone therapy, (HT).  Sometimes radiation therapy (RT) may be used on small tumours.

I would imagine that the applies in Tenerife, depending on the availability of teatments.  HT drugs should be available.

More information about the treatment of advanced metastatic prostate cancer is available on tge main Macmillan website.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

You can find out more on this link

www.macmillan.org.uk/.../treating

• Be sure to do your research anyway so you go to appointments armed with the right questions to enable you to make treatment decisions. 

Wishing you the best wishes for successful treatment.