Growth in bladder

• 2 replies
  • 109 subscribers

Can anybody set my mind at  ease as I am getting completely disheartened.

I completed 4 weeks of radiotherapy in august 2018 for prostrate cancer.

Since then, despite various nasty side effects from medication, everything has started to improve.  PSA below  0

.I had bladder incontinence problems but they stopped a few months ago and everything returned to normal.

Then I was sent to Royal Surrey for a bladder examination on the 5th Sept as my Doc thought I was still having waterworks problems. The urologist was reluctant to do the examination as the reason for it  had passed. However as I was prepared he decided to have a look in side the bladder. I got one hell of a shock to see a growth clinging to the bladder wall, and am now scheduled for surgery on Monday the 16th.Sept

SHATTERED TO SAY THE LEAST.

I do not know what to expect.

I care for my disabled wife, and am worried that this growth might turn out to be bladder cancer. I am also in the dark regarding the recovery procedure after the operation, as obviously I will be out of action and unable to care for my wife.

Grateful for any information from anybody who has had a similar shock.

Many thanks,

Biltong.

• Hello . I noticed your post and have come across here from the bladder group. Sorry to hear about your new concerns but hopefully I can give you some insight in to what to expect. The operation is called a TURBT (trans urethral resection of bladder tumour). It sounds a lot worse than it is. I presume you have had a flexible cystoscopy (camera). The op is done the same way under GA, but with  rigid cystoscopy. The tumour will be shaved away and a biopsy taken. The biopsy determines if any further treatment is necessary. There is usually some form of further treatment. Hospital stay depends on how much they have to trim away. In many cases it is done in day surgery. If you go down in the afternoon, prepare for an overnight. You will probably wake up with a catheter in. This is kept in until your pee clears and you can go home when you can pee on your own.You are usually back to normal within a few days, but nothing strenuous for a couple of weeks. It does sting a bit when peeing for a few days. I do not know if your previous treatment will have any bearing on what I have described. Hope I have reassured you a bit rather than making you feel worse. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi Rily. Thank you for your reply and  the explanation regarding what to expect.

Will just have to wait and see what the biopsy shows.

Once again thank you for responding.

Biltong.